Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Title of This Blog...Where Did It Come From?

It has been quite some time since making an entry; though the thought kept coming to get on here and do it, my life in the world of overwhelm just got in the way.

Speaking of overwhelm, wanting to make this entry have something to do with the title will take some work because that is what the author has been doing.

Let me explain.

On the weekend before this years Super Bowl, well actually that Tuesday earlier on, my journey was to Orlando Florida from here in Revere.

My first mission was to visit my cousin in Orlando who I have not seen in 37 years.
Back then we were both what my mother calls, Hippie Types, remembering that my cousins hair was much longer than mine.

He originally said he might be interested in what I was actually heading down that way for which was to attend the NAMS (Niche Affiliate Marketing System) workshop in Atalata GA.

Ever since being in this Internet Marketing business all the Guru's tell you, you have to network by going to conferences and workshops.

The price was right for NAMS and there was Only One Guru there that was my priority to see and that was the Famous Willie Crawford.

Here is where the naming of this blog comes in.

My niche or the segment of the market is the Baby Boomer, Greater Generation or Jones Generation finding out recently that is what my personal segment is called; have not researched it but it sounds credible.
Research of Baby Boomer's led me to reading a book "The Boomer Consumer" discovering where the name of this blog originated, where it said that Baby Boomer's are aging differently than our parents, mentioning that Katie Couric had a TV special highlighting some well knowns including herself claiming 50's is The New 30's.

Research to this pint has led to bookmarking 42 Baby Boomer related blogs and currently reading The Greater Generation which is half read to this point.

Have lots of work to do in order to communicate well with Baby Boomer's who are not as well greeted as we should be considering  what Baby Boomer's have done to change the world from where the Greatest Generations left off with status quo.  

No comments: